Managing Conflict Effectively
NewPoint is recognized for its innovative approach to reducing Conflict in the workplace – we emphasize Relationship Building using Carl Moore’s A.B.L.E. program which represents four sets of skills involved in taking charge of emotional moments and turning them into relationship building, problem solving moments. Our clients who have taken this workshop provide testimonials demonstrating the effectiveness of this approach in managing conflict. A.B.L.E. will assist employees in:
- Recognizing areas of conflict in workplace relationships.
- Awareness of high stakes moments and what is happening biologically and psychologically that makes it so hard for us to respond to high stakes moments effectively.
- Recognizing how behavior counts and tips for learning how to change behavioral reaction to high stakes moments.
- Learn a new behavioral reaction that will help the other person calm down and remain calm.
- Explore the other’s “Story” in order to solve the real problem between us.
Preventing Workplace Violence
Objective: Our training begins with a discussion of various acts of workplace violence. Participants learn how to identify a potentially explosive situation, determine whether it can be neutralized, how to get help, and most importantly how to defend oneself and guard against future attacks.